Ruach House of Elohim, Inc.
(Formally known as Ruach Community Outreach Ministry, Inc.)
WE BELIEVE AND TEACH
“THE APOSTLES’ DOCTRINE”
“ONE MASTER, ONE FAITH, ONE BAPTISM, ONE EL AND FATHER OF ALL, WHO IS ABOVE ALL, AND THROUGH ALL, AND IN YOU ALL.” – EPHESIANS 4:5-6
Compare: MATTHEW 10:20 LUKE 10:16 ACTS 2:42 1 CORINTHIANS 14:37 GALATIANS 1:6-9
The following is a basic printing of the teachings of this apostolic pentecostal Hebraic commandment keeping fellowship. We present it in love and with a non-judgmental heart toward all others. This is published for your information and prayerful consideration. These are the principals upon which this fellowship stands, without compromise or controversy – this is “…the House of Elohim, which is the assembly of the living Elohim, the pillar and ground of the truth,… the house of prayer for all people. Commandment keepers are we. “…We are journeying unto the place of which Yahweh said, I will give it you: come thou with us, and we will do thee good: for Yahweh hath spoken good concerning [us]”. 1 Timothy 3:15-16; Isaiah 56:1-7; Revelation 22:14; Numbers 10:29b - RSB
The Apostles’ Doctrine
1. The Basis For Our Creed, Discipline, Rules of Order And Doctrine - It is the faith of this local apostolic fellowship that our creed, discipline, rules of order and doctrine [teaching] be based simply upon the Holy Scriptures contained in the book known as the Holy Bible. (John 14:26; 17:17; 1 Corinthians 2:9-13; 2 Timothy 3:14-17; Acts 17:1).
2. Record of Membership - We hold that the names of all persons who are born again of water and of the Holy Spirit are kept on record in heaven. (Psalms 87:5,6; Acts 1:15; Luke 10:20; Philippians 4:3; Hebrews 12:22-23; Revelation 3:4; 13:8; 17:8).
3. How Names Are Blotted Out - The Scriptures teach clearly that one’s name may be blotted out of the book of life because of sins committed, not repented of and not confessed. (Exodus 12:33; Psalms 69:28; 109:13; Acts 3:19; 1 Corinthians 5:1-3, 9-1; 1 Peter 4:17; Revelation 3:5).
4. Yahweh’s Standard of Obtaining Salvation - We hold earnestly and steadfastly to the Biblical requirements for salvation as simply being that one must believe the scriptures, confess and repent of sins, be baptized in water by immersion, receive the Holy Spirit and live a life in according to Yahweh’s commandments following the Scriptures continuing (Mark 16:16; Luke 13:3,5; Acts 2:37-38; 8:16; 10:44-48; 19:1-6; 22:16; Colossians 2:12; 3:17; Galatians 3:27; 1 Peter 3:17-21; Ephesians 1:4; Colossians 1:22; Hebrews 12:14; 1 Peter 1:15,16).
5. Repentance And Remission of Sins - We hold that the only grounds upon which the Almighty Yahweh will hear a sinner is through the avenue of repentance from the heart (John 9:31; Psalms 18:35-41; 34:14-19; 51:17; 66:18-20; Proverbs 15:29; Isaiah 1:12-19). The Holy Scriptures teach us that repentance and remission [forgiveness, blotting out, removal, washing away] of sins is available through the pronunciation of the name of our Savior in confession and water baptism (Mark 16:16; Luke 24:36-48; Acts 2:37-38; 3:17; 4:10-12; Ephesians 1:19-21).
6. Divine Healing - The physical suffering of Yahshua Messiah purchased healing for our bodies, as His death, burial and resurrection provided for the salvation of our souls, for “…with his stripes we are healed…” likewise, his physical suffering provide for our healing, “…He took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.” We see from this that healing for our body is in the atonement given on Calvary upon the tree. That being true it is for all who believe. Yahshua Messiah said of the believer that “…they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.” Later, James wrote, “Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the assembly; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of Yahshua Messiah: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and Yahshua Messiah shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” (Isaiah 53:4,5; Matthew 8:17; John 14:12-14; Mark 16:17; 1 Peter 2:24; James 5:14-16).
7. The Passover Memorial Supper And Feet Washing - We hold that it is the blood of Yahshua Messiah that atones for sin. It has always been that the atonement for sin was in the blood (Leviticus 17:1; Hebrews 9:13-15).
8. Civil Government - All civil magistrates are ordained of Yahweh for peace, safety and the welfare of all people (Romans 13:1-10; Titus 3:1-2; 1 Peter 2:13-14). It is therefore, our duty to be in obedience to all requirements of the law that are not contrary to the Word of Yahweh and that do not force one to the violation of sixth commandment by bearing arms and murder in any form. It is our duty to honor without murmuring (Matthew 17:24-27; 22:17-21). And show respect to them in all lawful requirements of the civil government. We purpose to fulfill all the obligations of loyal citizens, but are constrained to declare against participation in combatant service in war, armed insurrections, property destruction, aiding or abetting in or the actual destruction of human life.
9. Tithes And Offerings - We believe tithing is Yahweh’s financial plan to provide for His work and has been since the days of Abraham. It was through this method that Yahweh chose to finance the livelihood of His Leaders. Tithing came with faith under Abraham, Moses’ law enjoined it, Israel practiced it when it was right with Yahweh, Yahshua Messiah endorsed it, and Paul the Apostle of Yahshua Messiah said to lay by in store as Yahweh has prospered you [tithes and offerings]. We should not rob Yahweh of His portion, that is, tithes and liberal offerings (Malachi 3:6-12; Matthew 23:23; Genesis 14:17-20; 28:16-22; Deuteronomy 26:1-4, 10-11; Nehemiah 13:10-14; Numbers 18:21-28; Exodus 35:5). The method of begging, rallying, giving socials, shows, asking for offerings during street services and door to door witnessing to carry on Yahweh’s work is not the plan of Yahweh.
10. The Second Coming of Yahshua Messiah - We believe that Yahshua Messiah will come to earth the second time in person just as he left. This doctrine is clearly taught in the Holy Scriptures (Zechariah 14:1-5; Matthew 24:1; Acts 1:1; 3:19-21; 1 Corinthians 1:7-8; 11:26; Philippians 3:20-21; Titus 2:13; Jude 14-15; Revelation 17:14; 19:17-20). His return will be a visible one to all and shall be as the lightening which flashes across the sky (Revelation 1:7). It is at this event that Yahweh will clothe His people with immortality. His return will be a glorious event. His reward will be with Him to give unto every man according as His deeds shall be (1 Corinthians 15:51-54; Matthew 16:27).
11. The Tribulation And The Millennium - We believe that the distress upon the earth at the time of this writing is only the “beginning of sorrows” and will become more and more intense until there “…shall be a time of trouble such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time…” (Matthew 24:21; Daniel 12:1; Romans 11:25-27).
The period of “tribulation” will be followed by the second coming of Yahshua Messiah and the dawn of a better day on earth. This new day is known as the one thousand year reign of Yahshua Messiah upon the earth or the Millennium. During this time there shall be “peace on earth and good will toward men,” (Isaiah 13; Joel 2:1-11; Amos 5:18-19; Matthew 5:5). At the end of this period, Satan will be released from the bottomless pit where he was placed at the second coming of Yahshua Messiah , and subsequently destroyed as he and his demons attempt to destroy the Holy City (Revelation 20:1-6; Isaiah 2; 1; 65:17-25; Daniel 2:44; 7:27; Micah 4:1; Habakkuk 2:14).
12. The Translation of The Saints - We believe that the catching away of the saints follows the second coming of Yahshua Messiah. It is at this time that all the dead in the Messiah will rise out of their graves and we which are alive and remain who are in the Messiah will be translated them (the saved resurrected dead) to meet Yahshua Messiah into the presence of the King of Kings, where He is we shall be with him, as He promised! (Matthew 24:36-42; Luke 17:20-37; John 14:1-7; 1 Corinthians 15:51; Philippians 3:20,21; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17). Whereas, the Word of Yahweh teaches the imminent second coming of Yahshua Messiah, we hold that this event is near and even at hand. It may occur at any moment (Matthew 24:23-28, 36-41; Mark 13:24-31; Luke 21:25-33; Daniel 7:13; 1 Thessalonians 4:13; Revelation 1:7). For this cause we should live as though this is our last moment (Hebrews 12:14).
It is the illustration of the Scriptures that Yahweh delivers His people after the plagues not in the midst or before them (Psalms 91; 46; 1 Corinthians 10:11; Daniel 3:16-28; Revelation 16:15; 15:8; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3,8). It is therefore the teaching of this apostolic fellowship that we shall go through the tribulation and be caught up at the end thereof at the second coming of Yahshua Messiah. We believe it is this event that shall bring an end to this age. However, we deny the “secret rapture doctrine” or teaching of the rapture in ay form.
13. The Final Judgment - When the thousand years are finished there shall be a resurrection of the wicked dead who will be summoned before the Great White Throne to receive their condemnation. It is at this time that those whose names were not found in the Lambs book of life shall be cast into the lake of fire that burns with fire and brimstone which Yahweh has prepared for the Devil and his demons. It is in this lake of fire that the wicked will be recipients of the second death, forever separated and destroyed from the presence of Yahshua Messiah . This is not a form of eternal life in torment it is the SECOND DEATH! (Malachi 3:1-5; 4:1-6; Mark 13:28; John 15:2,4,6,; Revelation 20:5-15; Matthew 24:32,41-46; Revelation 21:8; ).
14. The State of the Dead - In the Holy Scriptures the question is asked by Job, “when a man dies and is laid away, he breathes his last and where is he?” (Job 14:10). We find in the Holy Scriptures the answer comes from the very beginning of time. Man became a living soul when the breath of life was breathed into him by our Creator Yahweh. (Genesis 2:7; 1 Corinthians 15:45). It is because of sin that all men die and return to the dust from whence they came (Genesis 2:17; Romans 5:12). It is at death that the spirit [breath] goes back to Yahweh who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7). The Holy Scriptures call this event “sleep” (John11:11-14; Psalms 94:17). The Holy Scriptures teach us that the dead do not praise the Almighty (Psalms 94:17; 115:17). It is clearly put forth in the Holy Scriptures that at death our thoughts, concerns and desires regarding anything in this world cease. We know nothing that takes place here in the lives of others we may love and no remembrance of any evil or good that was done when we were alive (Ecclesiastes 9:5,6,10; Job 7:9,10; 14:12,21; 2 Samuel 12:22,23; 2 Kings 22:20; Psalms 6:5; Psalms 88:10-12; 115:17; 146:4; Isaiah 38:18,19). The Hebrew word “Sheol” and the Greek word “Hades” mean the same, simply grave. Our Savior, Yahshua Messiah said clearly that no one [man who has died] was in heaven when He was here on Earth. We also can clearly see from the Holy Scriptures that after the resurrection of Yahshua Messiah from the grave, David the King was yet in his grave awaiting the resurrection. The Scriptures show us that the grave is our house of waiting (John 3:13; Acts 2:29,34; Job 17:13,15,16; Genesis 37:35). Yahshua Messiah taught us that He would go away and prepare a place for us and He would come again and receive us unto Himself (John 14:2,3). Immortality [eternal life] is given by faith at the time one exercises faith, repentance and baptism. The manifestation, (revealing) thereof is not until the return of Yahshua Messiah (1 Corinthians 15:53; 1 Timothy 6:15,16; Romans 2:6,7). ONLY THOSE WHO ARE THE REDEEMED WILL RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE (Romans 6:23; 1 Timothy 1:10; 1 John 2:17; 3:15; 5:11-12; Revelation 2:11). Those who are wicked will be as though they had never been (Malachi 4:1,3; Obadiah 16; Psalms 92:7; 9:5,6; 94:23; Proverbs 24:20; Isaiah 41:12; 13:9; Nahum 1:10; Matthew 10:28 and 13:30,40; Romans 2:12; 1 Corinthians 3:17; Philippians 3:19; 1 Timothy 6:9; Hebrews 10:26,27; 2 Peter 3:7,9; Revelation 11:18; 20:9). The Holy Scriptures teach clearly that there will be a resurrection of the dead – that resurrection will be when Yahshua Messiah returns for the consummation of this age (Acts 24:15; John 5:28-29; Daniel 12:2; Revelation 20:4-6; 1 Corinthians 15:26,53; Revelation 2:1; 21:4). It is suggested that all read the articles “Lazarus and the Rich Man” and “The Truth about Hell and the Grave” for examinations of the objections to this truth.
15. The Meaning Of Hell – We believe that the two verses that many assume prove the wicked are to be eternally tortured in hellfire are Matthew 25:41 and 25:46 are misunderstood by the majority of religions today. First, notice the setting to which they refer—when Yahshua "comes in His glory" (verses 31-32). We are told that He separates the sheep from the goats. The sheep represent the righteous (verses 34-40). At His return He sets the sheep at His right hand. The goats in this instance represent sinners. They are appointed to assemble on Yahshua' left hand. He then consigns the goats to "the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels" (Matthew 25:41). The word everlasting is translated from the Greek word aionios. The key to understanding this verse is knowing what will occur everlastingly. Does it refer to a fire that tortures without end, or does it have another meaning? In Matthew 25:46 Yahshua spoke in a single sentence of everlasting (aionios) punishment and of life eternal (aionios). Since the righteous will be given eternal, or everlasting, life, many theologians believe the punishing of the wicked must last as long as the life given to the righteous. But this cannot be reconciled with the statement that those cast into the lake of fire perish— they are killed. As explained elsewhere, they suffer death—the second death (Revelation 2:11; 20:6, 14; 21:8). A plain and simple meaning of Matthew 25:46 that fits with the rest of the Scripture is that the wicked are cast into a fire that annihilates them—renders them forever extinct (dead/death). The resulting punishment of being cast into the aionios fire is a one-time event. It is a permanent punishment, the results of which will remain forever—that is, eternal death. It is not ongoing punishing that continues forever without end. This is the only explanation that agrees with the rest of the Scriptures. An additional point needs to be made regarding the meaning of aionios. Genesis 19 describes Elohim's destruction of two cities, Sodom and Gomorrah, for their wickedness: "Then Yahweh rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah" (Genesis 19:24). They were utterly destroyed—consumed by fire.
In the New Testament, the book of Jude describes these cities as "suffering the vengeance of eternal [aionios] fire" (verse 7). Yet it is obvious that the fires that destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah are not still burning. In the case of these cities and in the case of the wicked, who are consigned to aionios fire, the fire burns and completely destroys. But the eternal aspect of the fire is its everlasting effect, not how long it actually burns. (This truth was adopted and added to this Statement of Faith – December 2010 during the Feast of Trumpets).
16. A Wholly Sanctified Life - We believe that in order to escape the judgment of Yahweh and to have the hope of enjoying the glory of life eternal, one must be thoroughly saved from his sins, wholly sanctified unto Yahweh and filled with the Holy Spirit. A wholly (completely) sanctified life is the only true goal of a saint of Yahweh (Hebrews 12:14; 1 Peter 1:15-17; Ephesians 4:1-5:21).
17. The Creator's Personage (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) - We believe in the mystery of Yahweh's personage. We hold that Yahweh has been pleased to manifest Himself as Father in that He created all things (Yahweh – His true Hebrew name), Son in that He is the fleshly manifestation of the Father for the purpose of providing redemption for all mankind (Yahshua – His true Hebrew name) and Holy Spirit indwelling the believer today (1 Corinthians 8:6; Matthew 1:21-23; John 14:26; Acts 5:1-4). We hold that according to the Holy Scriptures there is only ONE YAHWEH who manifested Himself in three principle manners to mankind (John 14:6-12; Matthew 1:18; 1 Timothy 3:16; Colossias 1:15-19; Isaiah 43:10-11; 9:6). We deny the Trinitarian doctrine which is a 2nd Century development of the Roman Catholic Church and was never taught by the patriarchs, prophets, Yahshua Messiah or His disciples.
18. Water Baptism In Yahshua’s Name - We believe that one baptism by immersion should be administered in the name of Yahshua Messiah (Yahshua Messiah in the Hebrew language) for the remission of sins only to persons who have reached the age of understanding. We are baptized into the body of Yahshua Messiah or born again via the avenue of water baptism in the name of Yahshua Messiah and the infilling of the Holy Spirit according to the teachings of Yahshua Messiah and the example of the New Testament Apostolic Assembly. Water baptism is essential to salvation and is the only avenue through which our sins are washed away (Acts 2:37-38; 8:16,38; 9:18; 16:15,33; 18:8; 10:47-48; 10:47-48; 19:1-6; 22:16; Romans 6:1-4; Colossians 2:12; 3:17; Galatians 3:27; 1 Peter 3:18-22).
19. The Holy Spirit - We believe that the Holy Spirit comes upon some at certain periods of time in their walk with Yahweh. This is the example of Sacred Scripture (Matthew 3:16; 12:18; Luke 4:18; Acts 2:3; 8:16; 10:44; 19:6). We hold that the Holy Spirit comes upon every believer who keeps Yahweh’s commandments and dwells with us as our guide and teacher (John 14:26; 15:26; 16:7-11; Acts 5:32).
20. Saintly Dress And Adornment - We believe that the saints will adorn themselves in modest apparel. Holiness encompasses our dress and adornment. We do NOT condemn people because of their dress and adornment! We encourage all to seek a closer walk with Yahweh and as they grow in grace and in knowledge they will abide by the dictates of the Holy Scriptures.
It is our request that in regards to who partner with us, that they will wear loose fitting clothing, be neatly groomed with their hair closely cut and not below their shoulders. In regards to short pants that they be kept at least one and a half inches above the knee. Short sleeve shorts be kept moderately covering the arm pits. We request that men wear the tallit as so says the Scripture (Numbers 15:37-41; Deuteronomy 22:12; Matthew 9:20). For those who are not convicted of this, “Let every man be fully persuaded in his owe mind.”
In regards to women it is our request that dresses be kept at least two inches below the knee when seated, sleeves be at least one inch above the elbow and that blouses conceal all chest areas and not see-through in any manner. Regarding hair, it is our request that the hair be not shaven from scalp, colored or not with any ornamentation therein. Any make-up should be kept to natural skin tone, if they chose to wear any at all. Clear fingernail polish only may be worn with no ornamentation. Shoes and accessories should be free of ornamentation. Jewelry should be kept to a watch, one -three bracelets, small earrings, small necklace, a wedding and or a class ring. Nothing gaudy or showy. In regards to the wearing of pants by women, must bee loose fitting at all time, short pant must be at lease two inches BELOW the knee when seated. it is permissible to fulfill a work requirement, in the home or when doing out door activities which may require bending, stooping, climbing or any other thing that would otherwise expose one in a none discrete fashion. Pants may be worn to services IF they are loose fitting. (1 Corinthians 11:1-16; 1 Timothy 2:9-10; 1 Peter 3:1-7; Genesis 24:61-65; 38:12-19; Song of Solomon 5:7). Regarding the use of a head coving for the women, in 1 Corinthians 11:16 the Greek word for “covering” is “peribolaion” meaning, something thrown around one, that is, a mantle, veil, covering, vesture. It comes from the Greek word, “periballo”, which means, to clothe, put on, to invest with clothing. A hat or veil is considered as clothing. Therefore, it is requested that all women when in worship, prayer, Bible Study or any service held please wear a hat or veil of some type without ornamentation (jewelry). Thank you. The reasons women do not wear the tallit and may not do so in Orthodox Judaism include the fact that four-cornered garments were originally considered men's garb, and the Bible prohibits women from wearing men's clothing, “The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto Yahweh thy Elohim.” - Deuteronomy 22:5). (Pertaineth – Strong’s Hebrew Dictionary #3627 – “kliy” pronounced kel-ee' from 'kalah' (3615); something prepared, i.e. any apparatus (as an implement, utensil, dress, vessel or weapon):--armour ((-bearer)), artillery, bag, carriage, + furnish, furniture, instrument, jewel, that is made of, X one from another, that which pertaineth, pot, + psaltery, sack, stuff, thing, tool, vessel, ware, weapon, + whatsoever.)
21. Women In Ministry - The Holy Scriptures teach that in the last days the Holy Spirit would be poured out upon all flesh (Acts 2:14-18). Howbeit, they do not have the liberty to lead or be in authority, preach or teach were men are present (1 Corinthians 14:34-37; 1 Timothy 2:11-14; 1 Corinthians 11:3). While we do not find detailed information in the Holy Scriptures regarding the gender of those holding the office of Apostle and Evangelist, we see from the Scriptural example that ALL THE APOSTLES CHOSEN BY THE MESSIAH AND SENT OUT and EVANGELISTS were MEN (Matthew 10:1-15). We also find that the office of Bishop is limited to men only. The Scripture clearly teaches that the Bishop must be the HUSBAND of one wife (Acts 21:8; 2 Timothy 4:1-5; 1 Timothy 3:1-7). We further hold that when it comes to the preaching and teaching in the Assembly of the Holy Scriptures, that, is to be left to men… women are not permitted to teach or usurp authority over the man but to be in subjection and silence (1 Corinthians 14:34-35; 1 Timothy 2:11-12). We DO NOT accept women who have been placed in a Pastoral role. Women however, may teach other women, preparing them to live lives of piety, holiness and to be an example in the home (Proverbs 31:10-31), male children and male youth up to the age of 20 years old (the seemingly Scriptural age of accountability - Compare and see an example: Ex. 30:14; Numbers 1:3; 14:29; 26:2; 32:11; Ezra 3:8, Leviticus 27:3; 1 Chronicles 23:24) and assist their husband (by teaching women separately) in working to proclaim the good News (Home Bible Studies, Prayer Meetings, etc. but never in a leadership capacity. We honor women in such cases and refer to her as the "ELECT LADY" (2 John Verses 1,13; Acts 18:1-4,24-28; 2 Timothy 1:5; Titus 2:3-5).
22. Secret Societies and Clubs - According to the Word of Yahweh we firmly believe and teach that the people of Yahweh should have no connection whatever with secular or religious oriented secret societies, such as, the Eastern Stars, the Masonic Lodge, the Royal Order of the Elks, and the such like or any other organization or body wherein is a fellowship of unbelievers bound by an oath, this includes labor unions. We are to be content with our wages and such things as we have (Ephesians 5:5-11; Romans 12:1-2; Titus 2:111-15; James 5:3,7; 2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1; 1 Timothy 6:8; Hebrews 13:5; Luke 3:14).
23. The Seventh-Day Sabbath - The Holy Scriptures teach the observance of the seventh-day of the week (Friday at sunset through Saturday at sunset) as a day of rest and worship. We see the example of this observance from the very beginning of the Holy Scriptures to the end thereof (Genesis 2:1-3; Isaiah 35:10; 56:1-7; 58:13-14; Ezekiel 22:8,26). We see that the observance of the seventh-day Sabbath was used as a test of obedience to Yahweh’s laws in Exodus 16 before the Ten Commandments were given in Exodus 20. We believe that the laws of Yahweh are written in our hearts and therefore the New Covenant is that the laws of Yahweh will be taken from stone and placed in our hearts UNCHANGED (Hebrews 8:6-13; 10:1,15-17). We see the proof of the observance of the seventh-day Sabbath being observed by Yahshua Messiah , the apostles and the New Testament Apostolic Assembly, any outreach ministry, home Bible Study or Prayer Gathering in the books of Luke and Acts (Luke 4:16,31; Acts 13:14,42-44; 16:13; 17:1-4; 18:1-4; Hebrews 4:1-11). The seventh-day Sabbath is NOT the Sabbath of the Jews! It is the Sabbath of Yahweh our Elohim (Exodus 20:8-11; 31:12-13, 17; Leviticus 23:1,3; 56:1-4; 58:13-14; 66:22-23; Ezekiel 20:11-24). The seventh-day Sabbath is a “sign” between Yahweh and His people (sign – Hebrew word, “’owth ” meaning, a signal, as a flag, beacon, monument, evidence, mark, sign, token. [Strong’s Hebrew Dictionary #226]). The seventh-day Sabbath is a PERPETUAL covenant! This means that it is everlasting, eternal, without end!! (Exodus 31:12-13,17). The seventh-day Sabbath is a “shadow” of things to come. The Greek word, “shadow” is “skia” (Strong’s Greek Dictionary #4639) and means, shade or shadow literally or figuratively darkness of error or an adumbration.” An adumbration is that which gives a sketchy outline of something. It is a foreshadow of something or it discloses something partially. The seventh-day Sabbath foreshadows the infilling of the Holy Spirit which causes us to rest in Yahweh (Isaiah 28:10-12; Hebrews 10:1). The seventh-day Sabbath also represents the rest that the earth will enjoy during the 1000 year reign of Yahshua Messiah . This example is shown in that Yahweh caused Israel to go into captivity because they would not keep His Sabbath during which time the land rested (Jeremiah 17:21-27; Ezekiel 36:15-21). This lets us know that the Sabbaths’ observance is extremely important to Yahweh! The earth will enjoy rest from sin during the 1000 year reign of Yahshua Messiah upon the earth. “From one new moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another and shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith Yahweh.” (Isaiah 66:22-23). We know that the seventh-day Sabbath was changed by the Roman Catholic Church by their own admission thus fulfilling the prophecy of Daniel the prophet. The church-world followed them into this apostasy (Daniel 7:25). (This truth was adopted and added to this Statement of Faith – December 2010 during the Feast of Trumpets).
24. Yahweh’s Health Covenant - We believe earnestly that the covenant established with Israel regarding their bodies and that which is digested as food is yet in effect. Unclean food and beverages as listed in the Holy Scriptures should be avoided as so saith the Word of the Almighty. This instruction was carried over into the New Testament and made clear by the vision of Peter that those foods deemed as unclean in Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14 are yet unclean. Peter clearly stated that this vision was used to show him that he should not call any MAN unclean. The vision had nothing to do with freeing man to eat whatever he desired (Acts 10:28). In regards to blessing that which is unclean according to the Holy Scriptures and it becomes clean and qualified to eat is not the teaching of the Scriptures. “That which was created to be received” is the statement and in order to resolve what was created to be received with thanksgiving is found in Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14. We must realize that the Word of Yahweh has “sanctified” [set aside as holy, clean] that which Yahweh said is suitable for food (1 Timothy 4:1,5). Those who eat unclean food which has been deemed as abominable by the Word of Yahweh will be placed in the lake of fire (Isaiah 66:15-17, 4; Revelation 21:8). Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit and when you put that which is unclean therein it contaminates the temple and it becomes unclean fit for destruction (1 Corinthians 3:16-17; 6:19-20). It is our responsibility to cleanse the temple from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit if we want to be the sons and daughters of the Almighty (2 Corinthians 6:17-7:1). (This truth was adopted and added to this Statement of Faith – December 2010 during the Feast of Trumpets).
25. The New Moons and Feasts of Yahweh - We believe that the scriptural months are determined by the visible new moons (the Crescent moon). We see from the Scriptures that worship and a feast was held and all fellowshipped together there in bringing an offering unto Yahweh. While the animal sacrifices were abolished by Yahshua Messiah at Calvary on the Tree, we can clearly see that in the New Heavens and New Earth that the New Moons and Feasts will be observed by the saints. This gives us to know that the observance of the seventh-day Sabbath, new moons and feasts of Yahweh are yet in effect and have not been abolished (Numbers 28:11; Deuteronomy 16:1; 1 Samuel 20:5,18; 1 Chronicles 23:30-31; 2 Chronicles 2:4; 31:3; 2 Kings 4:23; Ezra 3:5; Nehemiah 10:33; Isaiah 2:3; 66:23; Ezekiel 46:3). The Scriptures teach us that Almighty Yahweh did not originally attach the animal sacrifices to the feast days. The animal sacrifices were ADDED because of the continual sins of the people to cover their sins until Yahshua Messiah would come (Jeremiah 7:22-24; Hebrews 10:1-6). The observance of the New Moon is NOT a Sabbath day nor a feast day. In regards to the Feast of Yahweh, we observe the Annual Feasts in their time frame according to the Holy Scriptures. “These are the feasts of Yahweh…”, the Sabbath, [the weekly observance of Saturday], Passover [the preparation day before the High Sabbath] (Exodus 12:3-14; Mark 15:42; Luke 23:54; John 19:31,42; Exodus 12:18; 34:25; 1 Corinthians 5:7-8), Unleavened Bread [1st and 7th day thereof is a High Sabbath](Leviticus 23:6; 1 Corinthians 5:6-8; Matthew 16:12; Mark 8:4-15; Luke 12:1; Exodus 12:15-20; Numbers 28:17-25; Acts 20:6-7), the Day of Pentecost [Feast of Weeks] (Joshua 5:10-12; Leviticus 23:9-21; Acts 2:1-4; 20:16; 1 Corinthians 16:8), Feast of Trumpets (Leviticus 23:24-25; Numbers 10:1-10; 29:1; 1 Thessalonians 4:16), the Fast of the Day of Atonement (Leviticus 23:27-32; Acts 27:9), the Feast of Tabernacles (Leviticus 23:34-39; John 7:1-39; Zechariah 14:16-21) and the Last Great Day (John 7:39). These feasts are the feasts of Yahweh not the feasts of the Jews, therefore, these are NOT apart of the Law of Moses (Leviticus 23:1-2,4). The Shofar or Ram’s horn shall be blown in the Sabbath, new moons and feast days (Psalms 81:3-4). (This truth was adopted and added to this Statement of Faith – December 2010 during the Feast of Trumpets).
26. The Sacred Name - We believe that our Heavenly Father, the Creator of all things has a name by which He desires His people to know Him by, use and proclaim. After prayerful and careful consideration of the truths of the Holy Scriptures comparing that which is inspired by the Almighty Yahweh we have come to the following conclusions based upon what is found in the Hebrew and Greek Scriptures. While we hold these tenets, it is not incumbent upon the organization with which we affiliate and we are grateful for the freedom to use that for which we are convinced of.
We offer the following information humbly for your prayerful consideration:
We note that the commandment says, “You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.” (Exodus 20:7 - KJV). This denotes clearly that our Creator has a name and we must be very careful in our use thereof. In every place where the words “the LORD” are printed it indicates that the original name YHWH (Yahweh) was there. Because the translators could not translate these four consonants they placed the common term LORD in its place. Therefore, we have come to use the common title LORD instead of the true Hebrew name of our Elohim. These four consonants [YHWH] are called the “tetragrammaton” which means “four letter name”. This Tetragrammaton is the true Hebrew name. Josephus, a noted Jewish historian states, “The Tetragrammaton appeared in the High Priest’s miter [hat] and consisted of four vowels.” (Wars, Book V, Chapter V,7). Scholars know His name and know that the name “Jehovah” is NOT His name. The name “Jehovah” is an erroneous spelling of the name and the correct spelling is “YAHWEH”. The person credited with popularizing the name Jehovah is Peter Galatin, professor to Pope Leo the 10th. The Oxford English Dictionary puts the date of Gallatin’s use of Jehovah at 1516 in De Arcanis Catholic Veritatis. Let us notice what Biblical and Secular Scholars say about the Sacred Name.
Moffatt’s Bibles, page xx of the introduction says, “Strictly speaking, this ought to be rendered ‘Yahweh’ which is familiar to modern readers in the erroneous form of ‘Jehovah.’ ”
Encyclopedia Americana – “The form of J was unknown in any alphabet until the 14thcentury.”
The Revised Standard Version, page v of the preface.
The Complete Bible, Dr. J. M. Powis Smith, writes in reference to the Sacred Name: “Anyone, therefore who desires to retain the flavor of the original text has but to read ‘YAHWEH’ wherever he sees Lord…”
Dr. George Lamsa, a renowned Bible translator when asked to explain the Tetragrammaton once stated, “That is YAHWEH. It is the original name. All others were added later.”
New Century Dictionary – “Jehovah – the common European rendering of Heb. JHVH (or YHWH), representing, without vowels, Heb. Jahweh (or Yahweh), a divine name… regarded by the Jews as too sacred for utterance and hence replaced in the reading of the Scriptures by Adonai or Yahweh; the form Jehovah being due to a mispronunciation of Heb. JHVH with the vowels of the associated Heb. Adonai,… being the Christian rendering the ‘ineffable[meaning, unutterable] name,’ JHVH in the Hebrew Scriptures.”
A History of Christianity , Kenneth Scott Latourette (page 11) – “Israel regarded their God, Yahweh, a name mistakenly put into the English as Jehovah, as the God of the universe, the maker and ruler of heaven and earth. Other peoples had their “gods”, but Yahweh was regarded by these monotheists as far more powerful than they.”
The Encyclopedia Britannica (Micropedia, Vol. 10) – “Yahweh – the personal name of the God of the Israelites … The Masoretes, Jewish biblical scholars of the Middle Ages, replaced the vowel signs that had appeared above or beneath the consonants of YHWH with the vowel signs of Adonai or of God. Thus, the artificial name Jehovah (YeHoWaH) came into being. Although Christian scholars after the Renaissance and Reformation periods used the term Jehovah for YHWH, in the 19th and 20th centuries Biblical scholars again began to use the form Yahweh. Early Christian writers, such as Clement of Alexandria in the 2ndcentury, had used the form Yahweh, thus this pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton was never really lost. Greek transcriptions also indicated that Yhwh should be pronounced Yahweh.”
Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological, and Ecclesiastical Literature – Volume 3, Page 901 – “Jehovah – the imperfect of Jahve (Yahwe or Jehovah or Jahwe (Yahweh), He is self existing.”
Jewish Encyclopedia – Volume 9, Page 162, - “Rabbinical Literature – The name Yahweh is considered the Name proper.”
Seventh-Day Adventist Bible Commentary – Volume 1, Page 172 – “And the name above all others that was looked upon as the name, the personal name of God, was YAHWEH.”
The International Bible Encyclopedia of the King James Version – “Jehovah – It is believed that the correct pronunciation of this word is ‘Yahweh’. ”
New Standard Bible Dictionary – “Jehovah – properly Yahweh… the form ‘Jehovah’ is impossible, according to the strict principles of Hebrew vocalization.”
Davis Dictionary of the Bible – “Jehovah – The Tetragrammaton is generally believed to have been pronounced Yahweh.”
Jewish Quarterly Review – April 1969, Dr. Zolomon Zeitlin, - “In the biblical period Yahweh was a proper name, the God of Israel, an ethnic God.”
New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology – Volume 2 – “In the Old Testament the words El, Eloah, and God, from related roots, are generic designations of Yahweh. Alongside and alternating with them stands the individual personal name Yahweh.”
Review and Herald – December 16, 1971 – “Yahweh is the name that identifies the God of the Hebrews. Where the Philistines worshiped Dagon, the Egyptians, Amon, and the Ammonites, Milcom, the Hebrews worshiped YAHWEH. The title ‘Lord’ is applied to false deities in the Scriptures as well as to Yahweh, hence is not a term by which one can be distinguished from the others. When the voice said, ‘I am Yahweh,’ there was no doubt in any listener’s mind as to the identity of the speaker. He was the Yahweh of the Hebrews. So far as is known, no other peoples called their Yahweh by this name.”
Jehovah’s Witnesses – “Let Your Name Be Sanctified” – Pages 16, 20 – Yahweh… is admittedly superior to Jehovah. ‘The wrong spelling Jehovah occurs since about 1100…” [Yahweh ]… ‘the correct and original pronunciation.’
Jehovah’s Witnesses - New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures – Published by Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, Page 25 of the foreword, - “While inclining to view the pronunciation “Yahweh” as the more correct way, we have retained the form ‘Jehovah’ because of people’s familiarity wit it since the 14th century.”
Rotherham – “The pronunciation Jehovah was unknown until…” [about] “…1520, when it was introduced by Galatinus; but was contested by Le Mercier, J. Drusius, and L. Capellus, as against grammatical and historical propriety.”
The New Schaff-Herzog Religious Encyclopedia – “Yahweh” – The pronunciation of the Hebrew Tetragrammaton [YHWH] should no longer be based primarily on traditions preserved in late patristic sources.”
What is His Son’s Name? - Hubert M. Skinner writes in his book, Story of the Letters and Figures, pages 122-123, “In some way, various modern peoples who received the J from the Romans have lost the original sound, and have substituted something very different. We retain the former sound in our word ‘hallelujah’, but we generally give the letter the disagreeable soft sound of G. Yod …” [ a Hebrew letter] “…is the initial on the name Jesus. It is unfortunate that a name so dear and so sacred is pronounced in a manner so different from that of the original word. The latter sounded very much as if it were Ya’shoo-ah, and was agreeable to the ear. Our sounds of J and hard S are the most disagreeable in our language, and they are both found in our pronunciation of this short name, although they did not exist in its original.
The name “Jesus” has no meaning in the Hebrew language. When the angel came to Mary [Mariam] she was told that her child would SAVE His people from their sins (Matthew 1:21). The name “Jesus” is derived from the Greek word, Iesous. We have already shown that the letter “J” was not in anyone’s language until approximately 1565… (EncyclopediaAmericana – “The form of J was unknown in any alphabet until the 14th century.”), therefore there was NO J SOUND. The name could not have been pronounced JESUS!!
The Hebrew name is derived from the name “Joshua” originally written as “Hoshua” or “Oshea”, meaning salvation or deliverance. Moses added the poetic form of the Sacred name for Yahweh (Yah) to his name making it “Yah-Oshua”, meaning, Yah-salvation (Numbers 13:16). This Hebrew General, Yah-Oshua, was a type of our Savior. His name, [Yah-Oshua] is found in the New Testament and applied to the Savior in Acts 7:45 and Hebrew 4:8. The name ‘Joshua’, or “Yah-Oshua” as it is in the Hebrew, was substituted for the pagan name JESUS.
The name “Yah-Oshua” means “Yah-Salvation” or in other words, Yahweh [is] salvation. This fulfils the Scriptures “Look unto me [Yahweh] and be ye saved… I even I am the savior and besides me there is no other… whosoever shall call upon the name of YAHWEH shall be saved…” (Isaiah 43:10-1; 45:22; Joel 2:32). Our Savior said these words, “I am come IN MY FATHER’S NAME and ye receive me not…” (John 5:43). The Son carries the Father’s name! As the Angel of Yahweh, Yah-Shua carries the Father’s name this fulfills Bible prophecy.
When the Israelites came out of Babylonian captivity, the “o” sound was dropped and the name was shortened to YAH-SHUA, still meaning, “Yahweh-Salvation”.
There is and has been a danger that the people of the Almighty will FORGET HIS NAME. The Holy Scriptures speak of the name being FORGOTTON and a SUBSTITUTE name being accepted in its place. Yahweh says that it was the priests and prophets that cause the people to forget His name for Baal (Jeremiah 23:26-27). Yahweh commanded the people not to call Him by the names of Baal or Baali (Hosea 2:16-17). Any good Reference Bible will show the meaning of the name Baal or Baali to be “lord, master, Gad [God]” (compare Isaiah 65:11).
The Scriptures are too numerous to quote here in this treatise. There is only one name by which we may be saved and it is NOT JESUS. The name YAHSHUA MESSIAH is the only name by which we may be saved. “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12). When Paul was on the road to Damascus to persecute the Apostolic Assembly and was knocked from his beast to the ground – he asked to know who it was that was able to do this and the answer came back to him in the HEBREW TONGUE! Paul was a HEBREW and spoke HEBREW fluently – it was his native tongue (Acts 9:1-14; 22:1-3). Seeing that there was NO J in anyone’s language at that time the answer would not have been – “I am JESUS” as the King James Version of the Bible prints it. Considering the foregoing facts the answer would have been “I AM YAHSHUA.” (Acts 26:13-16). Paul’s commission was to take the Savior’s name to the Gentiles (Acts 9:15-16). He would not have taken a Greek name [Jesus Christ] he would have taken the HEBREW NAME of HIS Creator [the Elohim of the Hebrews - and of the Son of Yahweh [Yahshua Messiah] the Saviour of the world, who was an Hebrew!
Compare these Scriptures and see the importance of the Sacred name (Micah 6:9; Ezekiel 39:7; Zachariah 14:9; Joel 2:32; Exodus 3:15; 20:7; Malachi 3:16; Psalms 68:4; 83:14; Hosea 12:5; Isaiah 42:8; 52:6; Exodus 23:13; Joshua 23:7; Psalms 16:4; 44:20-21; 79:6; Proverbs 18:10; Malachi 3:16-18; Psalms 91:14-16; Isaiah 58:9; Zechariah 13:9; Malachi 2:1-2; Ezekiel 34:1-6; Ephesians 3:14-15; Leviticus 22:32-33; Jeremiah 16:21).
We must remember that “Lord” or “God” are NOT proper names. Deuteronomy 12:30makes that very clear. There are many god’s – when we say we believe in “God” the question arises, “Which one?” “For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)” (1 Corinthians 8:5). We are to distinguish which “god” we serve. Without a NAME there is no telling which “god” will respond. When we use only a title any one using that title can respond. Yahweh only has ONE NAME (Zechariah 14:9). His name has several COMPOUND NAMES (that is, Yahweh-Roah, Yahweh-Raphi, Yahweh-Tsidkenu, etc.) These are descriptive titles that are added to HIS NAME to describe His many attributes but HIS NAME IS YAHWEH!
Our Savior, Yahshua Messiah revealed His Father’s name to the men that followed Him (John 17:6,11). Our eternal life hinges upon KNOWING AND REVERENCING the only true Elohim and Yahshua Messiah (John 17:3). If we do not KNOW HIM and BELIEVE ON HIS NAME then we will not be saved! (John 1:12; Acts 2:21; Isaiah 57:15).
Seeing that all have not come to this understanding, we strive to patiently and lovingly teach with compassion and assist others in arriving at this understanding. It is therefore requested that in the public reading of the Scriptures, Prayer and or instruction of the Word of the Almighty that we earnestly include the use of the Sacred Name until all come into the unity of the faith.
Being that as it is, we must remember that the name YAHWEH and YAHSHUA MESSIAH are SACRED NAMES and MUST NOT be simply thrown around among people who do not use it nor know it. (This truth was adopted and added to this Statement of Faith – December 2010 during the Feast of Trumpets).
27. The Observance of Man-Made Holidays - We hold that the observance of the holidays Christmas, Easter, Halloween and Valentine’s Day are all of pagan origin and should not be observed by those who are of the true Apostolic Assembly. We also hold that celebrating the observance of New Year’s Day and any holiday honoring a person who has died should be avoided. Since there be those who are off from work for these holidays we suggest that you use this time for family and personal spiritual concerns. The usage of Christmas trees and ornaments are to be avoided as they are considered idolatry (Jeremiah 10:1-10). According to the New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge, under the article “Christmas” we read, “There is no historical evidence that our Savior’s birthday was celebrated during the apostolic or early post-apostolic times.” The American Book of Days by George W. Douglas, page 658, states, “The day was not one of the early feasts of the [original apostolic assembly].” The Cyclopedia of Biblical Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature corroborates in the article, “Christmas”, page 276, “The fathers of the first three centuries do not speak of any special observance of the nativity. No corresponding festival was presented by the Old Testament… the day and month of the birth of Yahshua Messiah are nowhere stated in the Good News history, and cannot be certainly determined.” (For more information ask for the article, “The Untold Story of Christmas”.
In regards to the observance of Easter, the prophecy of Yahshua Messiah designated that He would be in the heart of the earth, [the grave] “three days and three nights” and Daniel the prophet stated that “in the midst of the week shall the Messiah be cut off…” Daniel 9:27; Matthew 12:40). The midst [middle] of the week is Wednesday not Friday! It is impossible to have our Messiah in the grave three days AND three nights with a impalement on Friday and a resurrection on Sunday morning (that is two nights [Friday and Saturday] and one and a half days [Friday afternoon and Saturday all day]! In order for the prophecy to be correct and our Messiah be the true Messiah it had to be three days [Wednesday, Thursday and Friday] AND three nights [Wednesday, Thursday and Friday] and “…at the END of the Sabbath…” Yahshua had risen as He said (Matthew 28:1). The END of the Sabbath is sunset Saturday – not early Sunday morning! We must remember that the Biblical day begins at SUNSET (Genesis 1:5,8,13,19,23,31; Leviticus 23:32). It is clear from the Scriptures that there were two Sabbaths that week, the High Sabbath of Unleavened Bread and the Seventh-Day Sabbath (Leviticus 23:5-8; Matthew 27:62; Matthew 28:1; Luke 23:54).
According to Nelson’s Illustrated Bible Dictionary, page 317, “Easter was originally a pagan festival honoring Eostre, a German Goddess of light and spring…. As early as the eighth century the name was used to designate the annual Christian celebration of the resurrection of Yahshua Messiah.” The Two Babylon’s, by Alexander Hislop, says, Easter is “Astarte, one of the titles of Beltis, the Queen of Heaven.” Beltis is another name for Ishtar. Ishtar was a Goddess of Babylon. The Scriptures teach us not to honor the festivals of the “Queen of Heaven” (Jeremiah 7:17-20; 44:16-23). These practices were in consort with the worship of the Assyrian God, Tammuz. The Encyclopedia Britannica, Volume 21, pages 776-777, says, “A Sumerian, Babylonian and Assyrian, god who died and rose annually with dying and reviving vegetation of the hot Mesopotamian summer, and the rapid renewal of its life at the season of the spring rains…” Ezekiel 8:5-13 condemns the SUNRISE SERVICES which were held in honor of this pagan Yahweh. This is sun worship in it’s clearest form as was transferred by the apostates to combine the worship of paganism with the true apostolic faith. The origin of the Easter egg is really interesting, “An egg of wondrous size is said to have fallen from heaven into the river Euphrates. The fishes rolled it to the bank where the doves having settled upon it, and hatched it, out came… Astarte…” (The Two Babylons, Page 109).
In regard to the forty days of LENT, “The forty days’ abstinence of Lent was directly borrowed from the worshippers of the Babylonian Goddess. Such a Lent of forty days, in the spring of the year is stilled observed by the Yezidis or Pagan Devil-worshippers of Koordistan, who have inherited it from their early masters, the Babylonians… Such a lent of forty days was observed in Egypt… held expressly in commemoration of Adonis or Osiris, the great mediatorial Yahweh…” (The Two Babylons, Pages 104-105). The Two Babylons, page 105, continues, “To conciliate the Pagans to nominal Christianity, Rome, pursuing its usual policy, took measures to get the Christian and Pagan festival amalgamated, and, by a complicated but skillful adjustment of the calendar, it was found no difficult matter, in general, to get Paganism and Christianity – now far sunk in idolatry – in this as in so many other things, to shake hands…”
Matthew 12:40 offers a complex problem to the Good Friday crucifixion and Easter Sunday morning resurrection. It is clear that the Scriptures teach and three day and three night burial.
In Acts 12:4 the word EASTER is translated by Bible translators. The word used here is the Greek word PASCHA which means PASSOVER – NOT EASTER!!!
For more details, please ask for the books, “The Counterfeit Called Easter” and “He Arose…But When”, also ask for the book, “Halloween” and articles on “Valentine’s Day”. (This truth was adopted and added to this Statement of Faith – December 2010 during the Feast of Trumpets).
28. The Adversary - That Satan is a spirit being, and was the anointed cherub called Lucifer. His pride was lifted up and he was cast out of heaven, Isaiah 14:12-20; Ezekiel 28:13-19; Luke 10:18; Revelation 12:7-9. That the Devil is the adversary of Yahweh and His people, John 8:44; Revelation 12:10, and will eventually be destroyed, Isaiah 14:18-19; Ezekiel 28:16; Romans16:20; Hebrews 2:14. Satan is attempting to thwart the setting up of Yahweh's Kingdom, Matthew 4:1-11. Through Yahweh's help we can resist the Devil and he will flee from us, James 4:7.
29. The Body Of Believers - That Yahshua Messiah is the foundation and cornerstone of His Body-the ekklesia, the Assembly-consisting of the called-out Body of believers since Pentecost of Acts 2, who have accepted the sacrifice of our beloved Savior and changed their lives according to Yahweh's word, Matthew 12:50.Through this body of believers the training and preparation for the coming Kingdom is being carried out, 1Peter 2:5 and 9-10; Revelation 1:6, 20:6.It is in the ekklesia that the spiritual gifts are exercised for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the Body of Messiah, Ephesians 4:7-13; 1Corinthians 12:7-10; 28-30. The Assembly is where the spiritual fruits are manifested, Galatians 5:22-23, and our relationship to the members of the Body of Messiah is likened to that of Yahshua Himself, Matthew 12:50; 25:40.
In accordance with the established custom of the early assembly dating as far back as the Apostle Paul, the sisters of the Assembly are to wear a head covering (hat, veil) on their heads during worship. Paul cites his reasons for this custom in 1Corinthians 11:1-16. Yahweh is the Head of everything, including Yahshua.
Yahshua is now our High Priest and symbolically wears a miter of that office, Leviticus 21:10. On earth, man reflects Yahweh's glory and stands bareheaded before Him. Woman, on the other hand, is the glory of man and therefore is to have her head covered or veiled [katakaluptos].(The King James Version is not a clear rendering of Paul's statements explaining Yahweh's arrangement.)
The angelic throng is witnessing mankind's activity, 1Corinthians 4:9.Man is to be the head of the family and love his wife as Yahshua does the Assembly, Ephesians 5:23-25.
30. Love - That we are to be good examples of the living faith that we profess. Our example is that of Yahshua the Messiah Whom we strive to emulate in love, honesty, humility, faith, hope, patience and reverence, Leviticus19:17-18; Matthew 5, 6, 7; 22:39; 1Corinthians 6:1-11; 1Peter 2:21-23.
Love is the key attribute we strive to maintain in our homes, in our Assemblies, in our community. Love is an unselfish, outgoing consideration for others. Love should be seen among the brethren wherever they are, for it is the truest sign of Yahweh's people.
We believe that salvation is freely offered to all mankind. Yahweh is the Creator of all nations and has made His house a house of prayer for all people, Isaiah 56:7; Acts 8:27-39; Galatians 3:28 and Colossians 3:11. The love of Yahweh manifested in the sacrifice of His Son Yahshua the Messiah is available to all who will come, Revelation 3:20; 22:17. We show our love to Him by keeping all His Commandments, 1John 2:5; 5:3; 2John 6. (This truth was adopted and added to this Statement of Faith – December 2010 during the Feast of Trumpets).
31. Qualifications For Membership - Faith and confession in the shed blood and name of Yahshua Messiah, repentance and confession of sins, water baptism by immersion in Yahshua's name, and the receiving of the Holy Spirit according to the Scriptures in Acts are the steps in becoming a member of the Body of the Messiah, (John 1:12; Hebrews 11:1,6; Romans 10:9-10; 1 John 1:9; Luke 13:3,5; Mark 16:15; Acts 2:1-4,37-38; 8:16; 10:44-48; 11:1-17; 16:30-34; 19:1-7). One must continue in a life of growth in knowledge, obedience to the commandments of Yahweh, through sanctification and grace in Yahshua Messiah (Matthew 19:17; John 14:15; 1 John 2:3-6; 3:3-9,18-24; 5:2-3; Revelation 12:17; 14:12; 22:14), each working out his own salvation in fear and trembling, and obedience to the royal law which shows true conversion is expected of all, Philippians 2:12; Ephesians 4:13. Each member shall also recognize this as a basic summary of the sound doctrines proclaimed by the Inspired Scriptures. NOTE: (Following in the footsteps of Yahshua the Messiah may also include the physical aspect of wearing a beard. While not mandatory, the many scriptural verses show that a beard was a part of the Savior's makeup, Isa. 50:6, and a number of Scriptures indicate that Israelites were expected to have a beard, Leviticus 14:9; 13:29-30; but not a pointed one, Leviticus 19:27;21:5. It is the conviction of the Ministers of this fellowship that the wearing of beards are NOT an individual preference but obedience to the commandment of Yahweh. We have been grafted into the nation of Israel and as such are made partakers of the laws, statutes, judgments and covenants given to Israel by Yahweh, compare Exodus 12:49; Numbers 15:29; 19:5-6; Leviticus19:1-2,27; 21:1-5; Deuteronomy 14:1; Psalms 133:1-3; Romans 9:4-8; 11:1-25; 1 Peter 2:9; James.1:22-25). Yahshua Messiah came to MAGNIFY THE LAW AND MAKE IT HONORABLE, HE DID NOT CHANGE IT - Isa.42:21; Matt.5:17-20 – HE IS OUR PERFECT EXAMPLE WE ARE TO FOLLOW HIS EXAMPLE, HE HAD A BEARD!! However, because some may need time for growth and understanding, for those who are not convicted of this, “Let every man be fully persuaded in his owe mind.” The Holy Spirit shall reveal even this unto you. (This truth was adopted and added to this Statement of Faith – December 2010 during the Feast of Trumpets).
32. The Assembly - We believe that the Assembly of the Sovereign Yahshua Messiah is one, universal and indivisible, and composed of all men regardless of nationality, language, race or custom, who have accepted our Sovereign Yahshua Messiah as their Savior and have been baptized into His Body by the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:13). The members of the Assembly are united by the bonds of a common faith and love. The flag or banner of the Assembly is the Name of Yahshua Messiah before whose emblem the Assembly marches gallantly as an army on parade (Song of Solomon 6: 10). (This truth was adopted and added to this Statement of Faith – December 2010 during the Feast of Trumpets).
33. Commonwealth Of Israel - We believe in the Apostolic Assembly (Congregation) of Yahweh is the spiritual body of the Messiah. We believe in His irrevocable choice of the Hebrew People as the Messianic Family; the Land of Israel as His special place; the City of Jerusalem as His royal capital; the family of David as His royal dynasty. We believe in the regathering of all Israel from everywhere that Yahweh has scattered us, especially from the land of the north, both to the Land of Israel and to the King of Israel, never again to rebel against Him, but to rule with Him forever. We believe that Yahshua Messiah is the foundation and cornerstone of His Body-the “ekklesia”, the Assembly-consisting of the "chosen" & the "called-out" Body of believers since Pentecost of Acts 2, who have accepted the sacrifice of our beloved Savior and changed their lives according to Yahweh’s word, Matthew 12:50. Through this body of believers the training and preparation for the coming Kingdom is being carried out, 1 Peter 2:5 and 9-10; Revelation 1:6, 20:6. It is in the “ekklesia” that the spiritual gifts are exercised for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the Body of Messiah, Ephesians 4:7-13; 1 Corinthians 12:7-10; 28-30. The Assembly is where the spiritual fruits are manifested, Galatians 5:22-23, and our relationship to the members of the Body of Messiah is likened to that of Yahshua Himself, Matthew 12:50; 25:40. In accordance with the established custom of the early assembly dating as far back as the Apostle Paul, the sisters of the Assembly are to wear a head-covering on their heads during worship. Paul cites his reasons for this custom in 1 Corinthians 11:1-16. Yahweh is the Head of everything, including Yahshua. Yahshua is now our High Priest and symbolically wears a miter of that office, Leviticus 21:10. On earth, man reflects Yahweh’s glory and stands bareheaded before Him. Woman, on the other hand, is the glory of man and therefore is to have her head covered or veiled [katakaluptos]. (The King James Version is not a clear rendering of Paul's statements explaining Yahweh’s arrangement.)
We strive to be spiritual Israelites who are grafted into the promise given Israel of Old, Romans 9 and 11. We realize that entrance into New Jerusalem in the future Kingdom come to earth will be only through one of the 12 tribes of Israel, Revelation 21:12. Therefore, our lives and worship must reflect the truths given to Israel of old and confirmed in the Apostolic Writings by those writers and teachers who continued the teachings of the ancient prophets, with added emphasis on our Savior's example of a righteous life. That we are to be good examples of the living faith that we profess. Our example is that of Yahshua the Messiah Whom we strive to emulate in love, honesty, humility, faith, hope, patience and reverence, Leviticus19:17-18; Matthew 5, 6, 7; 22:39; 1 Corinthians 6:1-11; 1 Peter 2:21-23. That adultery/apostasy/idolatry, in any of its forms must be cast out and cut off from among us, His people. We must carefully put ourselves away from those who practice the breaking of Yahweh’s Torah. We believe that being an offspring of Abraham is a matter of belief and faithfulness more than a matter of blood. We believe in non-violence and peaceableness towards men & women of all races, no matter their creed. We believe in and support strong families, strong marriages, and parents fulfilling their responsibilities toward their children as well as children to their parents. "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing" 1 Corinthians 13:1-3. "Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith, from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk, desiring to be teachers of the law, understanding neither what they say nor the things which they affirm. But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully," 1Timothy 1:5-8. "You shall love Yahweh your Elohim with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5. "You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am Yahweh," Leviticus 19:18.
34. Marriage - We believe that marriage is sacred, since it was instituted in the beginning, and honorable among all people (Genesis 2:21-24; Matthew 19:15; Hebrews 13:4). Marriages must be verified in accordance with the laws of the respective countries, and later solemnized in assembly in accordance with approved practices. Couples who have not legalized their union and wish to be baptized must first meet the requirements of civil laws.
We believe that when a couple unites in marriage, they should remain united as long as both live. When either one dies, the other is free to remarry and does not commit sin if he or she remarries in the Sovereign (Romans 7:13; 1 Corinthians 7:39).
We also believe that marriages shall take place solely among faithful assembly members. No minister shall perform a marriage ceremony between a assembly member and an unbeliever. Assembly members in full communion who marry unbelievers shall be judged by their pastors. (This truth was adopted and added to this Statement of Faith – December 2010 during the Feast of Trumpets).
35. The Separation of the New Testament Apostolic Assembly And State - We believe in the separation of Assembly and State and that neither should intervene in the internal affairs of the other since this fulfills the biblical precept “render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s and to Elohim the things that are Elohim’s” (Mark 12:17).
True Worshippers should participate in civil activities according to their abilities and political inclinations, always reflecting their own personal ideas and opinions, and not those of the Assembly. The Ruach Community Outreach Ministry, Inc. is always neutral and has room for men of all political creeds. Nevertheless, all Saints must obey civil authorities and the laws and ordinances issued by these authorities, unless these laws contradict religious principles or force Saints to act against their conscience (Romans 13:1-7). (This truth was adopted and added to this Statement of Faith – December 2010 during the Feast of Trumpets).
36. Military Service - The Ruach Community Outreach Ministry, Inc. recognizes human government as ordained by Elohim (Romans 13:12). Therefore, the Ruach Community Outreach Ministry, Inc. admonishes its members to affirm loyalty to their country. As disciples of our Sovereign Yahshua Messiah, True Worshipers must obey His precepts and commandments as follows: “But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil” (Matthew 5:39). “Follow peace with all men” (Hebrews 12:14). (See also Romans 12:19; Matthew 26:52; James 5:6; Revelation 13: 10). Given these scriptures, it is believed and interpreted that the followers of our Sovereign Yahshua Messiah shall neither destroy someone else’s property nor take someone’s life.
It is considered a sin to participate in acts contrary to those recommended by the Holy Word of Elohim, after having received the knowledge of the truth and having been made new creatures in Messiah Yahshua (2 Corinthians 5:17; Hebrews 6:4-9, 10:26-27).
All members, therefore, are advised to follow their conscience in freely serving their country, whether in time of peace or war, and in any capacity no matter how hard or dangerous it may be, as long as it is of NONCOMBATANT CHARACTER. Doctrine teaches us to pray that we may always have men of Elohim in authority. It teaches us to pray for them that they may receive divine guidance so that we as a nation might steer clear of any war and live continually in honor and peace (1 Timothy 2:13). (This truth was adopted and added to this Statement of Faith – December 2010 during the Feast of Trumpets).
37. Sin Unto Death - We believe, by the light of the Word of Elohim, that there is a sin unto death and that if this sin is committed in the terms expressed in the Bible, the right to salvation is lost (Matthew 12:31-32; Romans 6:28; Hebrews 10:26-27; 1 John 5:16-17). Therefore, we recommend that the faithful abstain from giving ear to doctrines that promise eternal security to the True Worshiper regardless of his conduct and the idea that “once saved, always saved.” The Bible teaches that it is possible to be reproved and that we must remain faithful unto the end (Romans 2:6-10; 1 Corinthians 9:26-27).
38. The Ministerial Body - We believe that the ministry is a calling of Elohim and that the Holy Spirit confers upon each minister the faculty of serving the assembly in distinct capacities and with distinct gifts, the manifestations of which are all for the edification of the Body of Messiah (Romans 12:6-8; 1 Corinthians 12:5-11; Ephesians 4:11-12).
We believe that the calling to the ministry is of divine origin and the Word of Elohim contains sufficient teaching regarding the requirements that must be met by the person who is to serve in the ministry. Therefore, duly organized ecclesiastical governments are responsible for examining candidates for the ministry to determine whether these candidates should be approved and what tasks they shall be assigned (Acts 1:23-26, 6:13; 1 Timothy 3:1-10, 4:14, 5:22; Titus 1:5-9).
We also believe that the Holy Spirit uses the minister in various ways according to the needs of the work of the Sovereign and the capability and personal disposition of the ministers. No one can be placed in a higher position than that of which he is worthy (1 Timothy 3:13; Romans 12:3).
We believe that the governing body of the Ruach Community Outreach Ministry, Inc. be that of apostles, prophets, evangelist, pastors and teachers, for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of the Messiah: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of Elohim, unto a perfect man, unto the measure if the stature of the fullness of the Messiah:…” (Ephesians 4:11-13). And that they should receive special respect and consideration, but without detriment to those who occupy lesser positions.
39. Assembly Organization and Affiliations …. We hold that the example of the Scriptures was that each local Apostolic Assembly was autonomous. Yet because of doctrinal unity and accountability was in submission to a group of General Presbyters (i.e., Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers) who sought to keep earthly accountability for the Chief Shepherd, Yahshua Messiah. They were the ones whom Yahshua Messiah left to care for HIS BODY and to oversee the Ministers and the Fellowship in matters of doctrine, holy living, assistance, spirituality and camaraderie to all the fellowships in matters of growth. (Ask for article on Organizational affiliation and Submission for Scriptural references). However, while we claim to stand in defense of the doctrine of Yahshua Messiah and His apostles (Act 2:42; Galatians 1:6-9; Titus 1:4; 2:1), we associate ourselves with other Assemblies who hold some if not all of these tenants of faith in common with us, “…till we all come in the unity of the faith…” (Ephesians 4:11-16).